Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catching up with November

I realize that it has been an extremely long time since I posted. Let's just say I am a slacker. We have been extremely busy and I'll be brief as I tell all that we have done.... Chris went to the Swamp(University of Florida) we several of his friends and the girls and I headed to mom's for Disney on Ice. We had a blast and the girls loved every second of the show. We had our Sunday school Christmas party the weekend before Thanksgiving. Yes, I know it was early for a Christmas party, but we planned that way to try to keep th ings less hectic thru the season. We had a great turn out at the party and we laughed so hard that many of us cried. It was a great time of laughter and fellowship. We put up one of our trees before Thanksgiving to get a jump start on decorating since we were going out of town for Thanksgiving and are having a party at our house this weekend. The girls got to open their traditional Christmas pjs and also received their ornaments for this year. Katie got an ornament of Sleeping Beauty as this was the once princess that she was enthralled with at Disney. Stephanie received an ornament with three of the princesses as she was just thrilled with all of them. Chris got an ornament of ESPN guys! I received a tweety and sylvester ornament that was just adorable(I love Tweety and Chris has given me several tweety ornaments over the years). Stephanie had her class party the Friday before Thanksgiving and I was able to take off work so I could be there. I of course left my camera at home(shame on me), but will hopefully get the pics from someone else. Her class dressed up like Pilgrims and the 3 year olds were indians. They were all adorable. Finally, we headed home to my mom's for Thanksgiving. We ate at my aunt and uncle's on Thursday and had traditional Thanksgiving at my mom's on Saturday night with some friends. My husband was greatly dissapointed that we are venturing elsewhere for Thanksgiving(we have never done this in all our years of marriage) so my mom satisfied him by cooking at home as well(turkey, dessert etc). Actually I think mom had planned on it anyway. I actually did most of the cooking this time around. I made the pies, turkey and dressing and Vicki made the macaroni and cheese and sweet potato casserole. It was all wonderful...again.. We had the chance to visit with some friends and their new baby both Thursday night and Saturday night. I had seen H., but no one else had. The girls were thrilled with him and doted all over him. As you can see, we were very busy and the busyness hasn't stopped. Our house is all decorated now with 2 trees, wreaths, and lights and tomorrow I will begin the cooking for our annual pharmacist party. I'll try not to make the next blog as far apart as this one. Enjoy a few pictures....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all look great in the pictures, but I must say that Chris looks particularly handsome! I'm not sure I have ever seen him in a casual collared shirt(not polo style) and jeans like that!!! He looks very trim and handsome!! Good job picking out his outfit, Annette! ;-)