Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's a....

BOY. Yes, in case you read this and didn't know we are having a boy. I am sure that this is not news to many as most who read this blog are just friends nearby anyway, but I thought I would share it anyway. His name will be Andrew Jarrett. The first name is a name that Chris and I have had picked out for years and 'Jarrett' is his mom's maiden name. We decided that since she has passed away we would carry on her name in him, whom she was never able to meet. Vicki made this. It is made from all the kinds of things you would find in a little boys pocket. My mom came up this weekend and helped me finish painting the nursery. She and Vicki moved the furniture and put the crib together. I am excited that this is all done and now all that is left is just little stuff like decorating etc. VIcki is working on a mural for his room which is a scene from Guess How Much I Love You. I am so excited and can't wait to see what it will look like. I have seen the drawing she did, but not the final product(she is actually making it on foam which I will then attach to the wall) The girls have these kind of pictures on their walls and it is very nice. My mom has again outdone herself and made the nursery bedding. All of it is done with the exception of the crib skirt. She is finishing that up. All in all we are close to being done with the exception of lots of little things. I am looking forward to having it done before the holidays. Helping mom make the bed. Look at how big they are! So hard to believe that this used to be their crib!

No comments: