Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Reminder

We had a wonderful day today in the Lord's House. Dr. Gray Allison is with us for a revival today thru Wednesay. We will spend the entire week in the book of Jude. I didn't realize that one little book was so packed full. We only did 4 verses today! Anyway, all that aside...We have been giving the girls an allowance(allotment as Chris calls it) each week for completing their chores. They have to put a portion in their piggy bank to save, they tithe a portion, and they have a portion to spend(or save if they wish). Stephanie is old enough to go to children's church where they take up an offering each week. She gives her tithe during that time. Since Katie is too young for children's church, we go and pick her up at the end of each service and bring her in to give her offering.(our church takes up the offering at the end). Today, while the offering was being taken up and the praise team was singing, I saw Katie lift up her hands. You see, the praise team and other members of the congregation were lifting their hands up in praise and worship to our Lord. So, naturally Katie did what she saw them doing. The Bible calls us to be imitators of Christ. Katie had no idea what she was doing today, but it struck me that she would just automatically do what she saw others doing. I was quickly humbled to realize that I have a very importan job to do. I must imitate Christ because my daughter is going to imitate me--Oh how often I am reminded of that in the speech and mannerisms of my girls! I praise that Lord that even though Katie had no idea what she was doing, she is learning at a young age what it means to sing and give praise to the Lord.

No comments: