Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You made my day

Today I received this beautiful arrangement of roses. I knew the minute I saw them that they were from my sweet husband. No, he didn't do anything wrong. We have not said any harsh words to each other lately. I knew because of the color of the roses. Here's the story.... When we were dating in college, I was at home for the summer and Chris was working in Aiken. He came to visit me for my birthday and carried a dozen, peach roses in a graduated cylinder in the front seat of his car all the way from Aiken to Summerville. He won lots of brownie points that day. Ever since, I always get peach roses, not red. Now, these roses aren't peach, but yellow. However, the florist didn't have peach and told him they would send yellow instead. But when they arrived they have a beautiful peach tint to them and so I still figured they must have come from him. He's the greatest husband and I am so thankful that God gave him to me!!!

No comments: