Sunday, January 10, 2010

Easy Bake or Not

Stephanie got an Easy Bake Oven for her birthday this year. We had been given one by a friend recently, but it was missing some of the necessary utensils. Stephanie has been bugging me ever since to get the trays so she could use it. After looking at the expense to replace the trays vs buy a new one, I opted to just buy her a new one for her birthday. I remember having one when I was little and I really liked it. Now I must tell you that Stephanie is not know for her fondness of sticking with me in the kitchen. She generally will get started with me and then decide that she is done(way earlier than the task is finished). This is very much unlike Katie who willingly sticks the entire process out! So, I got the Easy Bake Oven set up and we were ready to bake. She chose the yellow cake with the chocolate frosting after no little pressure from mommy that the sugar cookies were too adventurous for our first time. I tried really hard to not just do it all myself and to actually let her do most of it. I am thinking at this time that maybe this will encourage and spark her desire to be in the kitchen more! Well, as our adventure proceeds she begins to get a little frustrated. There was so little batter that it was a little difficult to get out of the bowl and into the pan. She of course decided that she would rather relinquish the duties to me, yet again. This time though I made her stick it out. The finished product in my opinion was not worth the trouble, a little too thin, and not so appealing looking. However, when asked today what she thought of her Easy Bake Oven, she stated that it was awesome. So, I guess that we will attempt this cooking experience again and maybe next time our cake will come out a little fluffier. Maybe we will even attempt the sugar cookies, sprinkles and all!

No comments: