Monday, April 20, 2009

Feeding Time

Sorry, but I couldn't think of an original title...so there it is. Anyway, lately Chris and I have been amazed by how well the girls are eating. Stephanie has been doing pretty good for a while, but now Katie is also doing good. Stephanie is eating everything on her plate and asking for more. While Katie generally likes to take her time, she is eating well and cleaning her plate as well. I am not talking about kid food either. For example, we had Mahi mahi, grilled chicken, fresh green beans and tomatoes for dinner on Saturday night. The kids tried the Mahi mahi, and Katie really liked it. Stephanie was okay with it, but preferred the chicken. They cleaned their plates! There wasn't a shred of food left. I had actually only cooked the chicken in case they wouldn't eat the fish. So I had a whole meal's worth of chicken plus the mahi and I thought for sure we would have left overs. Not so! Anyway, I am so proud of my girls. I have always made my kids eat what we ate or at least try it, but I have never been one to fix them something else. If they didn't like it then they just didn't eat. Well, it is all paying off now and I am so proud that I have kids that will eat just about anything. Yeah for my diligence is what I say!

1 comment:

churchillclan said...

Good for you Annette! We have always had the same rules - eat or go hungry and it really does pay off!