Friday, April 24, 2009

Stephanie's Farm Field Trip

Yesterday was Stephanie's class trip to the farm. Every year the 4 years venture to a near by farm of a lady that goes to the church where their preschool is. She showed them all the animals she had and took them thru her vegetable and flower garden. At the end of the trip she took them thru her 'fairy' garden. She told the story of how the fairies only came out at night and they came out to sprinkle flower dust on the flowers to make them grow. In the garden there were lots of 'fairy' homes and one special door. This little wooden door was at the bottom of a tree and she told them that when they were done with their work at night they would go in thru the door and up into the tree where they lived. So each child passed by and took a look at the 'fairy door'. As we passed by Stephanie looked down there and she looked up at me and she said, 'mom, there's just and old tree behind that door'. I proceeded to ignore her thinking I would just talk to her about it at home. She said it a few other times until I finally whispered to her that it was make believe and then she just quietted up. I just thought about how much she is like me sometimes. It is rather scary! Stephanie and her best buddies at school There's no telling what they were saying that she was trying to convice them wasn't true! I have to admit that I really didn't know peacocks could fly. These peacocks were huge and they flew and perched themselves way up in the trees. The weren't exactly quiet either when they were doing it.

No comments: