Sunday, May 18, 2008

Disney Day 2

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 12pm this day(Mother's Day). I had already enjoyed hugs and kisses, cards, and a gift from my children and husband. Chris bought me a dress from Anne Taylor Loft(my new, and his, favorite store). I loved the dress, but it just didn't fit right so I had to exchange, but I was delighted with the effort. He used to have a store in college that he would buy clothes from, but it went out of business, so we are both excited to have a new favorite(maybe I'm a little more excited than he is!).
Happy Mother's Day!
Today we embarked on lots of rides. The first character we ran into was the Fairy God Mother and Katie was ready today. We ventured over to see the princesses as well and both girls were excited. We saw Cinderella, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty.

Katie asked to hugThe Fairy Godmother! Katie's Favorite--Sleeping Beauty We also discovered that Stephanie was just tall enough(at exactly 40") to ride on almost all the rides. We took her and Katie on a kiddie roller coaster to begin with which was thrilling in itself. Then off for the biggies. We took her on Thunder Mountain Railroad first. Daddy rode while the girls and I finished up lunch and then we discovered that Steffie was tall enough so she rode with me. She exclaimed she loved it and was ready to do it again. So, we headed for Splash Mountain. Steffie and Chris were the first to go and Steffie was full of excitement and ready to go again. Her only complaint was that she wanted to change out of her wet clothes, which I finally convinced her would be dry quickly and she should appreciate the coolness! Afterwards this was of course her favorite ride, but I don't think it was so much the ride as it was the excitement of seeing all the characters from Brrr Rabbit etc which she has watched many times with Vicki!

Waiting on daddy & Steffie to

come down Splash Mountain All in all we had a wonderful time, but we must say that we packed it in!!! We accomplished the rides, but as for the shows and other fun things there was no time for this. The girls were excellent and even Katie did well when she had to wait while Steffie and mommy and daddy would ride the rides. This was a wonderful vacation!!!

No comments: