Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Sweet Reunion

Last week, we were blessed with the opportunity to go to Orlando with Chris on business. This was an especially important trip for me because I was born in Florida and have a sweet relationship with some people there. These people are Tom & Denise Robinson and their four children. Denise was my babysitter from them time I was born until we left there when I was two. I've been told by my parents and Denise that she loved me and I was so special to her. She kept me every opportunity she could and I've even heard the story many times that there was a Sunday that my parents 'forgot' me at church. Apparently, there were many Sundays that I would go home with someone(mainly Denise) and so each of my parents assumed that the other just had been asked if I could go home with so and so again. Well, this particular Sunday it was not the case. By the time they both discovered that neither knew where I was, they had left me. I think the story goes that Denise called and told them that she had me!
Over the years I spent many a week at her house and she has always just been one of those very special people to me. I was the flower girl in her wedding, she came to my high school graduation party, she made me ride in the front seat with her 15 year son Jonathan on his first 'drive' after getting his driver's permit, and she was at my wedding. So, there were many life events that she had been a part of. However, there were two events in my life that she had not been able to share in yet. She had not had the opportunity to meet my two sweet girls yet. So, this was such an exciting trip for me!!
Denise with Stephanie & Katie
Our first encounter with Denise was at her front door with her little dog, 'Rocky'. Stephanie was okay with the dog, but Katie was quite unsure of this. Rocky spent the rest of the day barking and Katie and Stephanie tried to keep a safe distance. However, by the next day Stephanie and Katie were chasing Rocky thru the house and arguing over who would hold him next. He was like there 'little baby doll'.
Katie & Rocky

Stephanie & Rocky

No comments: