Monday, July 14, 2008

Home from Grandmas

Stephanie and Katie returned home from grandmas house as little brown bears with lots of new tricks. They had such a good time, but Chris and I missed them so much. Chris and I worked the whole time they were gone(not unusual for Chris, but I picked up extra days while they were gone to make up for vacation). We worked and went to the gym, there wasn't much else to do. We were both very anxious to have them back. They were ready to get us to the pool immediately so they could show us everything they had learned. Chris and I were amazed to watch as Stephanie swam about 3/4 of the way across our neighborhood pool, jumped in without fear and wasn't the least bit upset about water in her face. For those of you who know us well, this was quite a milestone for us as hair washing time has always been quite a challenge for her because she hated water in her face and eyes! I'm not one to admire swimmers, but I have to admit that she has a beautiful swim form, especially for a 4 year old who is just learning how to swim. Look at her swimming After Stephanie showed us she could swim, then came the real excitement as she dove into the water! I can't begin to tell you how she giggled as she showed us her new tricks. For Chris and I, this was a moment of realization that she is definitely growing up! Wow!

Katie was next to show off and she was not sure of tricks either. She couldn't contain herself from jumping off the steps just to show us how proud she was that she could go under the water. She would jump and go under, come and do it again and again and again. She too was very full of giggles and laughter as she showed off. She has learned to do the doggie paddle and her favorite is to float on her back(with her floaties of course). She is too relaxed just floating in the pool. Her newest thing is that she can now swim with just one floatie, which we only allow her to do with us in the pool.

Watch me!

1 comment:

Debbie V said...

Hey, Annette!! I had to get your blog address from Abbie. You had given it to me, but I kept putting www in front of it and it wouldn't work. Anyway, I caught up a bit with you and yours and I am so happy to be able to watch them grow through new technology!! Love you!