Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Day at the Pool

The girls and I went to the pool right before they left for mom's(two weeks ago--I know I am a little behind). Laura and her kids went too and we just had a wonderful relaxing day. Everyone was great with the exception of Ashlyn having a little bit of a melt down in the beginning. Once she got her goggles though she was great.

Stephanie, Rachel & Katie

Stephanie & Ashlyn

While at the pool several days earlier, Stephanie had found a pair of goggles and decided to use them in the baby pool. I was amazed because she was really swimming across the baby pool with those goggles on and wasn't complaining at all about the going under water. So, I went and bought the girls some goggles with the hope that they would start to really use them and swim more under water.

Stephanie did indeed exactly what I was hoping for and got in the big pool(which she can touch bottom in this year) and started going under water with the goggles. She was moving her arms and really trying to swim. I was so proud of her and couldn't wait for mom to see her swim over the next week. Look at my big girl! Going to the pool has been great this year. Since Stephanie can touch the bottom, she can be in the big pool without assistance as long as someone is watching her. Katie wears floaties without assistance and so she can roam back and forth between the baby and big pool as well. I have found that I can sit on the corner of the pool between the baby and big pool and I can watch the girls and not have to get in. I like to get in when I am hot, but I am not big on just staying in the water and 'playing' all the time. So, I allow the girls to play in the big pool as long as they stay in the corner of the pool where my chair is. This has made our pool days so much better this summer and enjoyable for mommy and the girls alike.

Katie in the big pool

No comments: