Tuesday, September 30, 2008

God's word to me

Today we completed our Bible Study by Beth Moore, 'Stepping Up'. I have to say that the video today spoke more to me than any of the others. I'm not sure if it is because I wasn't as attentive the other days or the message was just aimed right at me. We've been studying the Psalms of Ascents and during the videos we have been studying about the 3 Feasts that the Israelites(pilgrims) journeyed to each year. Today we focused on what we need to do to make our pilgramage to Zion the most satisfying. Of all the times to hear this, today we focused a little on Hebrew 12:1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us."Heb 12:1 I think that many of us have heard this time and time again, but today we did not focus on 'the sin that so easily entangles'--this is what most of us focus on. Today, we talked about the 'everything that hinders'. Beth made a statement that 'We cannot do a thousand things to the glory of God'. Wow! What a powerful statement for me. I am struggling so much right now with the busyness of every day life. You know, all the good things we do that keep us so busy...I am sure I am not the only one in this whirlwind. I am just thankful that today God chose to speak directly to me about an issue that has been so pressing on me in this season of my life. He speaks always, but today I was listening!

No comments: