Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Katie's party

We had Katie's party on Saturday and I think that everyone had a good time. Since this was a 3rd birthday party, many of her friends had never been to a birthday pary so this was a first. We had some that clung to their mommies, but all in all everyone particpated and had a great time. Katie's most favorite present was a package of Dora panties. She opened them and took off running. I assumed that she was going to change into them, but instead she headed straight upstairs to put them in her drawer. She left all the rest of the presents and all of her friends right there in the floor. I guess she figured it was her party so we would all wait on her. She was right. Katie was joined on the table by L.C. as we all sang Happy Birthday to her. Just as it was time to blow out the candles, L.C. did it for her. It was funny for all of us, but not so for Katie. I was exhausted after the party, but everyone said that they thought it went really well. I sure hope so because I felt like it was just chaotic. But what's not chaotic about a birthday party, especially for a 3 year old.

No comments: