Saturday, December 12, 2009

Just waiting

I thought that while I had some free time I would update my 2 readers(who already know this anyway). I am scheduled to be induced on Thursday. I went to the doctor on Wed. and I had dilated 1-1.5 cm and was 50% effaced. I go back on Monday for another appointment and then induction on Thurs. I am doing pretty good. I had pretty noticeable contractions on Wed and Thurs morning and again in the evening, but nothing really regular. I am scheduled to work on Monday and Wed, but I am taking it one day at a time. As of right now I will be at work on Monday and see what the doctor says before I make a decision about Wed. I am actually pretty impressed with how ready I actually am. All my Christmas presents are bought and wrapped with the exception of just a few. All the Christmas decorations are up and I have done some Christmas baking and put it away in the freezer. I have all the teacher gifts ready to give with the exception of a few minor details like needing saran wrap to wrap the plates in. The nursery is ready, Andrew's clothes are washed, folded and put away, and the car seat is installed in the car. So, now I am really just in wait mode. I am actually quite glad that most things are done because the motivation right now is zero and I am exhausted. I think that the 'nesting has left and now I am just tired. Well, that is my update on me. I will do my best to let you know when my little man arrives, complete with pictures as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Make that 3 readers. I check your blog almost daily for updates. I know how you feel, I don't feel like many people read mine either but it's okay. :o)
I am very happy for you and so excited that Andrew has waited and is now ready to meet his family! I can still remember how I felt getting ready to have Ryland(he was a scheduled c-section). He'll be 3 on Tuesday and I can still remember the excitement! Take care of yourself and get rested up!

churchillclan said...

I read too! And I love your new blog look! I'm with Shannon - get rested up! You have a very exciting week ahead!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! Only one more day. I'm so excited for you. Little boys are such joys. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday and waiting anxiously for pictures!

The Todd Family said...

I like your blog! This way I can look in on you when we move :)