Saturday, December 5, 2009

My first project as a kindergartener

If you are a mom and you have school age children then you will so understand this. Stephanie brought home her first 'project' just prior to Thanksgiving. Inside her folder I found this shape(supposed to be a turkey, but I had to be told that to figure it out) made out of poster board and a detailed letter from the kindergarten department explaining what she was supposed to do with it. The letter went something like this...'As a fun project we would like each child to decorate their turkey as either a pilgrim or an indian.....' So, hence began MY first kindergarten project as a 32 year old mom. Stephanie chose to decorate her turkey as pilgrim and while this required lots of my so called 'help', I must say that she did a rather good job. I of course had to find patterns for pilgrim clothes and then 'draw' them out. Now, if you know anything of my drawing skills then you know that this pilgrim was by no means dressed by the finest designer. Artist I am not!!!! Anyway, I then proceeded to cut them out and trace them on felt and then it was time for Stephanie to work her magic. She then cut the out herself and glued them to the 'turkey'. I believe that between the two of us we did a pretty good job given my lovely skills. I will say though that this was definitely a project that looked the work of a kindergarten rather than that of the professional. That's what it was supposed to be right? Never mind the fact that the mom did actually contribute a lot of help to the whole endeavor. As I said, I am no artist. Looks like I will have many opportunities though in the years to come to polish those certain skills that obviously missed during my own schooling years. Why you say? Well, I officially believe that I being said parent have entered into kindergarten again!

No comments: