Monday, October 27, 2008

Helen, GA

We went to Helen this weekend because Chris had to speak at a GSHP(pharmacy) conference. We left on Friday night around 8:45 and arrived around midnight. We took the girls on a frog pond nature walk on Saturday. The walk was a little muddy because of all the rain, but not too bad. The girls enjoyed riding on daddy's shoulders. Saturday afternoon we ventured over to BabyLand USA. This is the home of the original cabbage patch kids. We got to view the 'birth' a cabbage patch and hear the 'story' of the cabbage patch kids. The girls enjoyed it, but were disapointed that we didn't buy them a baby doll. To the tune of $175 for a bottom of the line original baby, I think not! They had the 'knock offs' but we already have one of those. The girls both fell asleep in the car on the way home and so Chris and I thought we might venture into Helen to see what there was to do. Unfortunately we turned the corner out of the state park and were immediately met by a line of traffic. Oktoberfest is going on right now so the traffic was tremendous. We decided that this was not the time to try that. We'll have to go back again some time. We had a nice dinner at the lodge, provided by GSHP, on Saturday night. Chris stayed and watch part of a football game and I ventured back to try to get the girls to sleep. The hope was that they would be asleep by the time he came back...no such luck. So the two of us sat in the corner with the bathroom light on until they fell asleep. The things we'll do to get kids to go to sleep! Chris did his talk on Sunday and did a great job(so I hear) Someone stopped on the way out and said that he had the most questions of any speaker and did a great job. I'll take their word for it as I am sure he did. We headed out after the talk and ate at an awesome bbq place in Helen for lunch and then headed home for AWANA. It was a quick trip, but good to get away. Enjoy the pictures!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW those pictures remind me of my trip to "Babyland" I was like 5 years old and my brother was a baby and looked like one of the babies at the hospital. I remember watching the cabbage patch give birth to a baby too and also being told that I couldn't have one of the baby dolls because they cost too much! I'm glad that place is still around... it really is a neat place. Glad ya'll had fun!