Friday, August 15, 2008

Finally! It's Done

Yes, I finally fixed the sprinkler system. After over 2 months of messing with this thing the war is finally over...and I won! I now have a very long(about 50ft) whole in my side yard, but aside from that (which will be covered up tonight) it is fixed. I do have to reattach the two heads that I moved, but that is a minor issue. So, it turns out that in one of my(or my sprinkler friend from work) digging quests to change out the heads on my side yard, I managed to cut the electrical wires which send the electricity from the automatic time to the system to turn it on. After digging the whole back up and finding the cut wire(a relief in itself) I mended that problem only to discover that it still didn't work. I ran a wire from the timer in the garage to the timer in the front and got nothing. Then I ran the wire from the garage to the hole where the wires were cut and got power. I'm not sure what happend, but somehow the wires between the garage and the side yard were fried/not working whatever. Anyway, I dug a very long whole from the hole in the side of the house to the hole in the yard under the kitchen window, bought the electrical wire and then fed the wire thru the hole in the garage to the hole on the outside of the house(actually my neighbor did this...I think that the complicated things got in the way of this simple task! Thanks, L). I pulled the wire and reattached and walah(sp). we have automatic sprinklers going off---after replacing the fuse that my husband discovered was blown. Job completed. Thanks for your endurance of my stories and complaints etc thru this whole process. My friend J. from work says now it is time to move onto another project. No thanks...I think I'll stick to the things I know how to do for awhile.

No comments: