Sunday, August 3, 2008

Opa's Visist

My dad(Opa) came to visit this weekend. We had a nice relaxing weekend just enjoying each other's company. On Friday we took the girls to Jumpin Party Zone. I had planned for us to go to the pool, but according to the weather it was supposed to rain most of the day. As it turned out it was a beautiful day! We did go to the pool that night and the girls were able to show Opa all of their new swimming tricks. On Saturday, dad went with us to the ministry project. He helped me at the ball toss and also helped bag popcorn. For those of you who don't know, I'll give the story of how my dad came to be called 'Opa'. My dad was stationed in Germany for five years when I was younger. He and my stepmom loved it there and so when my step brother and his wife had their first child, dad and Yarbi picked Opa and Oma for their names. These are the German names for grandpa and grandma. That is how we came to have an Opa.

No comments: